About Matthew McConaughey
- Full Name: Matthew McConaughey
- Birth date: November 4, 1969
- Birthplace: Uvalde, Texas
- Texan by: Birth
- Known for: Various movies (Dazed and Confused, Interstellar, Contact, Dallas Buyers Club, Magic Mike, The Wolf of Wall Street, Tropic Thunder, How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days, and more), Lincoln commercials, the book “Greenlights”, the Just Keep Livin Foundation, the phrase “Alright, Alright, Alright”, University of Texas fandom, Being a UT Austin Professor
- Official Website: https://greenlights.com/
- Twitter Handle: @mcconaughey
- Instagram Handle: @officiallymcconaughey
- Facebook Page: /MatthewMcConaughey
Matthew is an amazing and award-winning Texas-born actor that inspires people across the state as much as he entertains them. After growing up in Uvalde, TX Matthew and his family moved to Longview, TX where he attended high school. After high school Matthew went to the Unviversity of Texas at Austin and recieved a Bachelor’s of Science degree in Radio-Television-Film, he almost went to law school but changed his mind. Today, Matthew McConaughey is a fixture at University of Texas sports events and was photographed recently in tears after a UT Men’s basketball loss to Abilene Christian in the first round of the NCAA Men’s Basketball Tournament after having won the Big 12 title.
While a Hollywood actor, Matthew has made his love for Texas evident by continuing to do great deeds in the state and entrenching himself and his family in Texas. In 2018 he co-founded a soccer team, Austin FC, which plays in Major League Soccer and started playing in the 2021 season. In August of 2019 he accepted a role as Professor of Film at UT Austin.
Below you will find recent articles about the good, great, awesome, interesting, and amazing things Matthew McConaughey has done here in Texas.